Brake Services & Repair
Our brake services help you stay ready for anything
Your brake system has one mission—stop your car. If it feels like your ride isn’t stopping as smoothly as it used to, your brakes are trying to tell you something. You can prevent damage and safety concerns with regular maintenance of your brake pads, fluid, and more with our full suite of brake brake repair, replacement, and maintenance.
Get to know your brakes
Your brakes work like a trio: you (the operator), hydraulic pressure, and friction. No matter what car or truck you have, all brake systems basically work the same way—you hit the pedal to produce friction and your vehicle slows down.
When it's time for brake services:
Regular fluid flushes give your brakes a longer life, but like a pair of favorite shoes, parts wear down over time. Periodic brake services are essential to avoid a full brake replacement. Aside from a warning light turning on, here are some telltale signs you may need a brake repair:
- Vibration or shaking when you brake
- Grinding or high-pitch squealing noises
- A low or fading brake pedal
- Your car pulls to one side when you brake
- Leaking brake fluid (yellow or honey-colored)
Schedule your next brake repair or replacement with Honest1 for our Roadworthy guarantee.
What to expect while we inspect your brake system:
During each of our brake services, our Roadworthy technicians will test drive your car, check the brake fluid, and flush the system of any contaminants if needed. We’ll also check for any signs a brake replacement or repair is in order. Signs like:
- Issues in the brake lines and hoses
- Mysterious leaks
- Emergency brake performance
- Brake pad issues
How long do brakes last?
The longevity of brakes depends on a few factors, and regular brake inspections are essential for optimal performance. Here's what you should consider:
- Routine Brake Maintenance: Regular brake maintenance, including brake inspections, is key to ensuring the longevity of your car brakes. Consistent checks by a professional brake repair service can identify potential issues early on.
- Brake Components Wear: The lifespan of brake components varies. Brake pads generally last between 30,000 to 70,000 miles, but this can be influenced by driving habits, terrain, and the quality of brake materials used.
- Signs of Bad Brakes: If you notice signs of bad brakes such as squeaking, grinding noises, reduced braking performance, or vibrations, it's crucial to quickly seek help. Ignoring these signs can lead to more extensive and costly brake issues.
Regular brake inspections and timely brake repair service at Honest1 Auto Care can ensure that your car brakes are in optimal condition, providing you with confidence in the reliability of your braking system for a safe driving experience.
Need more than brake services? Honest1 technicians cover you from bumper to bumper. Bring in your car or truck and we'll tell you what needs fixing, explain why, and what it might cost.