Car Battery Services
Experience car battery services the way they should be at Honest1
Even if all your lights shine bright, your battery could still be slowing you down. Luckily, Honest1 Roadworthy technicians can test, diagnose, and perform car battery start and replacement services daily. Combined with our entire lineup of auto repair services, we’ll give your battery more than just a quick jump.
When it's time for a car battery replacement:
Not sure if you need a car battery start or replacement? If you purchased the battery less than three years ago, it might be replacement time if:
- Your engine is slow to start or not starting
- Dashboard lights are on, but the car won't start
- Your lights seem dimmer than usual
- There's corrosion on the battery terminals
Whether you need a car battery replacement or jump-start, our Roadworthy technicians are here to keep your ride running strong for years to come.
What kills your car battery?
Several factors can impact your car battery's lifespan.
- Extreme Temperatures: Both extreme heat and cold can put stress on your battery and wear it out faster
- Lack of Use: Infrequent use or long stretches in the garage means your battery isn't getting a chance to recharge like it should
- Overcharging: Going overboard (often due to a faulty alternator) can overheat and damage the battery.
- Corrosion: Corrosion (white or blue gunk) on the battery terminals can mess with the charging process
- Electrical Drain: Leaving lights, electronics, or other gadgets on when the engine is off
A battery deep dive: Your alternator and starter
The alternator gets your engine running, and the starter keeps your battery charged on the go. Issues with these parts can be tougher to spot, and a car battery replacement won’t fix them. If your alternator or starter faces problems, you might:
- Stall more and more often
- Notice dimmer internal or external lights
- Smell burning rubber or wires
- Hear a growling or whining noise
Schedule car battery services at an Honest1 near you. Our team won’t just get you back on the road. We’ll make sure you don’t need another charging system checkup again for a while.
Need more than car battery services? We've got you covered. Our certified technicians can show you what needs fixing, explain why, and what it will cost.